Microbe-Lift Barley Straw Pellets +
A Major Scientific Breakthrough 100% Natural & Organic Ingredients Specially Formulated To Naturally Balance Pond Water & Improve Water Clarity Enriched with peat and humic acid, this revolutionary formula works faster & better with Less Mess & Cost and is easier to apply than bales, pillows and pads! Matures pond...
- A Major Scientific Breakthrough
- 100% Natural & Organic Ingredients Specially Formulated To Naturally Balance Pond Water & Improve Water Clarity
- Enriched with peat and humic acid, this revolutionary formula works faster & better with Less Mess & Cost and is easier to apply than bales, pillows and pads!
- Matures pond water chemistry
- Disperses quickly by simple broadcast of pellets into the pond or packing in a porous fabric sock and suspending in pond or available chamber in skimmer or filter
- Buffers pH
- Releases decomposition by-products immediately
- Works year round
- Recommended for use with all Microbe-Lift bacterial and enzymatic pond products
- Provides a slow steady release of beneficial ingredients through natural activity
- Microbe-Lift/Barley Straw Pellets+ is an environmentally responsible, cost-efficient pond conditioner that is a natural and organic way to a healthy pond environment! Barley straw and selected natural peats have been processed and packaged to make them easy and clean to apply. Manufactured using an exclusive proprietary pelleting process that eliminates the use of wheat, corn and other binders, the barley straw is harvested and stored under climatic conditions that assure the quality of these essential ingredients
- Microbe-Lift/Barley Straw Pellets+ works in much the same way as barley straw...only faster! Whereas barley straw works by releasing certain natural chemicals as it biodegrades, so do the pellets in ML/Barley Straw Pellets+, only the breakdown compounds are released faster dispersing equally throughout the water; reacting photochemically with sunlight; and activating humic acids to produce hydrogen peroxide-an oxidizing agent that also helps to keep the water clear-naturally and at a low level of release. The humic acid will also chelate metals such as copper or arsenic. Microbe-Lift/Barley Straw Pellets+ are rich in organic peat which softens pond water-reducing nitrate and phosphate concentrations in the water column-and provides a buffering agent and ion attenuation in lined ponds that additionally gives them some beneficial properties of earthen ponds!
- Please note Microbe-Lift/ Barley Straw Pellets+ will leave a residual on the bottom of the pond. The bacteria in the Microbe-Lift products as well as Microbe-Lift/ Sludge Away will digest this organic residual.
- Also Note Fish will not eat the barley pellets as they contain no food value.
- Maturing A Pond Biologically & Chemically
- When a pond's ecosystem is mature and balanced, the water is usually clear and healthy for aquatic life. This maturation process is a function of the microbiological and chemical properties of the water.
- NATURAL CHEMICAL MATURATION MICROBE-LIFT/Barley Straw LIQUID & DRY formulations help to mature the pond with natural chemicals just as a pure mountain stream matures through the years by the introduction of natural breakdown products from trees, plants, etc. These natural breakdown products often include humic and fulvic acid and organic acids that have a natural ability to sequester, or tie up, inorganic compounds, so their concentrations in the pond don't get to levels that would unbalance the ponds ecosystem. These substances can also lead to natural purification of the pond through a slow release of hydrogen peroxide as they react with sunlight. The hydrogen peroxide is produced at levels that help purify the water while not having any adverse effects on desirable aquatic life. The sequestering, in conjunction with microbiological cycling, provides a stable natural ecosystem in your pond.
- BIOLOGICAL MATURATION The microbiological maturation process involves development of symbiotic populations of bacteria, which stabilize the critical organic and inorganic components of the pond. The microorganisms do this through their ability to promote "biogeochemical cycles"-including carbon, nitrogen and phosphorous cycles-elements critical to all forms of aquatic life. By stabilizing these components, the bacteria prevent pollution of the pond. It can take some time to accomplish this "biological maturation" in a man-made pond and may never occur as the maturation process is constantly interrupted by certain pond practices like cleaning out the pond. The process can be accelerated significantly through the use of Microbe-Lift/PL-a virtual "ecosystem in a bottle"-and mimics the complex interdependent populations in a mature pond.